We paddled out of the marina and headed south towards the power plant where the green turtles hang out because they like the warmer effluent water. It was just a little breezy - enough for us to keep cool but not strong enough to make paddling difficult. It was soooo relaxing bobbing around in the waves; I saw an osprey and several flocks of Brandt's geese, along with lots of other diving sea birds and jumping fish, which I think were mullet.
So while I didn't see any sea turtles, I still had a good time, except for getting two blisters on my hands where I was holding the paddle. But I didn't lose my camera, or tip my kayak, or accidentally cause anyone to bail out of their boat. So all in all, I can probably call the morning a success! Here are a few pictures to enjoy - you can see more through the slideshow link to the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment